The 2018 Toronto West Guide for Business Events planners has arrived, delivered to more than 34,000 business events professionals across Canada. The guide is designed to educate and inspire planners on all that the Toronto west region has to offer for their meetings and events.
The Toronto West guide offers a dual platform (print and digital) guide on the region. The guide was distributed with the Ignite Magazine February / March 2018 issue this week to more than 34,000 corporate, association, government and third party meeting, conference and business event planners.
Toronto West is a destination within the region for groups looking for convenience, great accommodations, a wide variety of versatile meeting space and lots of dining options. It is ideally suited for fly-in meetings where local staff can interact with colleagues from across the country. Two large convention centres, as well as large conference space within a number of hotels in the area are conducive to sales meetings or product launches.
It’s all about connectivity in Toronto West – a great place to hold your next meeting and event. Inspired by the launch, here are the Top Ten reasons to plan a meeting here:
- Connectivity: The Toronto West region connects all of Canada through Toronto Pearson International Airport. It’s also at the conjunction of four major highways that connect the Greater Toronto Area with all compass points from the surrounding region.
- Downtown Close: The UP Express is the easiest way to get groups downtown in total comfort. After meetings are done, shuttle the group to Pearson for the 25 minute direct line to Union Station and the rest of Toronto.
- Affordability: While almost all airport hotels have recently renovated, you’ll be spared the higher cost of downtown hotels. Check out the refreshed meeting space, rooms redesigned with the business traveller in mind and great amenities.
- Culinary Mastery: Area hotels feature fresh farm-to-table menus and utilize local ingredients. The trend for sharing and small plates mean more mingling and an opportunity to network with colleagues from around the country.
- Focused Meetings: Keeping your group together—away from distractions—is another plus for area hotels. With combined meeting space and guest rooms, and large convention centres close by, getting business done has never been easier.
- Sports Hub: The nearby Hershey Centre features OHL and the Raptors 905 games, a great group activity for the evening. And local ice rinks are perfect for sports tournaments.
- Move to Wellness: Keeping fit on the road is a snap, with updated and modern gym and pool facilities.
- Shopping and Entertainment: Sherway Gardens and Square One feature high-end retail.
- Business Hub: Mississauga is home to over 60 corporate headquarters in the pharmaceutical, financial, medical research and food and beverage industries.
- Relaxation: During the summer months, take advantage of the nearby Woodbine Racetrack for a night of thoroughbred racing entertainment or treat your group to a golf tournament at Royal Woodbine Golf Club, only minutes away from area hotels.
Visit the Toronto West Multi-Media Destination Hub for more interactive content including videos, photo galleries, articles, and links to our social media feeds.