Business Events Toronto’s own Alice Au, was recognized at the 57th International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) Congress last week in Dubai for her contributions to the meetings industry. She was one of ten women, and the only from North America, that was presented with an Inspirational ICCA Women award by President Nina Freysen-Pretorius.
Recipients were chosen by their colleagues in ICCA whom they consider to be the “unsung heroes”, leaders, innovators, pioneers and advocates of business events. The newly formed awards are the brain-child of Freysen-Pretorius, the second female ICCA president, who was keen to show her gratitude to industry partners for their support during her time as president of the global meetings industry association.
Au was chosen for her dedication to the ICCA community and meetings industry, and exhibiting the values and actions that the association encourages and upholds.
Also honoured as an Inspirational ICCA Women were:
- Anne Wallin Rodven, Honorary Member, Norway
- Bettina Reventlow-Mourier, Wonderful Copenhagen, Denmark
- Carina Bauer, IMEX Group, UK
- Joyce Wittelaar, Rotterdam Partners-Convention Bureau, The Netherlands
- Kitty Wong, K&A International Co., Ltd, Chinese Taipei
- Maria José Alves, Cascais Convention Bureau, Portugal
- Nonnie Kubeka, Gauteng Convention Bureau, South Africa
- Roslyn McLeod, Arinex Pty Ltd (INCON Group), Australia
- Ulrike von Arnold, Vienna Convention Bureau, Austria
The 2018 ICCA Congress took place November 11 – 14, 2018 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. This was the largest edition of the event held outside of Europe, with 1,156 delegates from 79 countries in attendance.